Brain Healthy Ingredients: Chickpeas, Onions, Mushrooms, Spinach, Tomatoes, Curry Powder
For fish or meat eaters you can always add some prawns, beef/lamb/chicken.
Ingredients- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions finely diced
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp, or to taste, tandoori curry powder
- 420 g mushrooms sliced
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas in water, drained and well-rinsed
- 240 g baby spinach
- 175 ml coconut milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and fry on a low to medium heat until the onions are golden, stirring occasionally (about 10 minutes).
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant- 2-4 mins.
- Add the curry powder and fry for a minute- make sure it doesn’t burn. If it starts to, add a tablespoon of water.
- Then add the mushrooms and fry until cooked through and any liquid evaporated.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and salt and pepper, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes under a lid.
- Add the chickpeas and baby spinach and heat through for a few minutes until the leaves have wilted.
- Serve with brown rice
Adapted from FabFood4all