A smoky, rustic, super creamy aubergine dip/salad, loaded with flavour from tahini, Middle Eastern spices, garlic and a splash of lemon juice. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free and delicious!
Ingredients- yields 4 servings
- 2 medium aubergines (about 1 3/4 lb. total)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- ½ medium chopped red and green pepper (optional for extra crunch)
- Handful of chopped parsley (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Sea salt
- Pomegranate seeds (for serving)
- Preheat your oven grill to full
- Cut aubergines length-ways in half and place on baking tray covered with baking parchment or grease proof paper.
- Put under grill for 30-60 mins until skins are hard and black.
- Remove from oven and let them cool.
- Scoop flesh out from skins with a spoon, and discard skins.
- Chop flesh and add all remaining ingredients.
- For best results make several hours or day in advance to let the flavours develop.